Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Even Better To-Die-For Blueberry Muffins (New Favorite)

Baked 6/14/09

My new favorite blueberry muffin recipe! I've used this before, but I tried again, and now they taste better. Jenny T. and her family liked them! :)

*Recipe below (scroll down)*
- After the first try, I made these changes (still based on the original recipe):
(1) I made mini muffins + a small bowl of...muffin stuff? haha
(2) I added extra blueberries
(3) I made the whole topping recipe (the first time I only guessed how much I would need)
--> I don't recommend this. I had way too much topping left over (see picture below).
(4) I used vegetable oil (not applesauce this time)

HERE's the post I made when I first tried this recipe. The paper cups don't work too well, and I prefer these mini versions.



The topping (made too much!! This was all extra!):

To-Die-For Blueberry Muffin recipe:

RECIPE (original recipe here).

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup white sugar (a little less)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup milk (i used non-fat)
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries (i used a little extra)
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup butter, cubed
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease cups or line w. muffin liners.
  2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
  3. For Crumb Topping: Mix together sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
  4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.

1 comment:

  1. i have to say, those are the most perfectly-domed muffin tops i think i've ever seen! sounds like a terrific recipe--well done!

    ReplyDelete