Saturday, January 10, 2009

Pete's (not Peet's) Coffee Brownies

Baked 1.10.09 (along with these apple muffins again...original recipe here)

This is the third recipe I've tried from Pete's blog. So far they've all come out good (and well).

I was really worried about these brownies because I was making them for someone I sorta wanted to impress (not a boy), and a few of the comments on Pete's post were bad (they tried and failed). Mine came out just fine though! Thank goodness. They're pretty easy...except the melting & cooling the baking chocolate took awhile (I got impatient and cooled it in the freezer & refrigerator). Oh--and the edges are fantastic. Recipe below.

Oops...forgot to take an AFTER picture again. Here's the BEFORE (so light in color!):

COFFEE BROWNIES RECIPE (original here):

1 cup butter (softened)
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate (melted and cooled)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2-3 Tbsp instant coffee * I used a little bit more than 2 tablespoons

1. In a large bowl, blend together the butter & sugar
2. Add vanilla, eggs, melted chocolate, coffee, flour, & chocolate chips
3. Pour into a greased and floured 9×13-inch pan
4. Bake at 325 degrees F for 35 minutes (I had to bake them for extra long because they seemed too gooey/raw)

No comments:

Post a Comment