Saturday, April 24, 2010

Crispy Chocolate Chip Cheerio Cookies!

I'd heard of using Cheerios in baking, but today I finally actually tried a recipe. I LOVE CRISPY COOKIES! These are really crispy and pretty easy. I was going to give 'em to Berkeley friends this weekend, but I can't go after all, so I'm trying to freeze 'em for later.


See that Cheerio below?:

RECIPE (original here with other variations; there's also a peanut butter version here):

6 oz (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cool room temperature or cold
1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
4 cups Cheerios
1 cup quick-cooking steel-cut oats (original called for old fashioned oats)
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet Guitard chips)

1) Heat oven to 375 degrees
2) Beat cool butter until creamy
3) Add sugar & continue beating until light. Reduce speed of mixer to medium & beat in water, vanilla, salt & baking soda
4) Add egg & beat just until it’s incorporated
5) By hand, stir in the flour & then the Cheerios, oats & chocolate chips
6) Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet
7) Bake until light brown (10-12 min)

Makes about 4 1/2 dozen cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment