Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dorie's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies


If you haven't heard of Dorie Greenspan, she is a food writer and cookbook author with a few books like Baking: From My Home to Yours. There is even a food blog group devoted to using one of her baking recipes per week (Tuesdays With Dorie - That's why if you see "TWD" on a food blog, the blogger used her recipe).
THIS is a cool blog post/video to read/watch. She talks with the late French baker, Lionel Piolane, who talks about baking with one hand. I couldn't help but picture all of the skin cells going into the dough, but it's a pretty interesting process mixing the sugar, eggs, flour, etc. together so beautifully by hand.
Anyway, this was my first time trying one of her recipes. I used extra dark chocolate (Scharffen Berger's 70% cacao chocolate chunks) and chopped it up extra. So good...but probably not to people who don't like dark chocolate. I wasn't watching the cookies too carefully, so I burned them, which isn't a problem to my family, but I can't give them to friends like that. I still have the rest of the batter in the fridge 'cause I'm making more for someone tomorrow or Tuesday.

Here's the recipe: From Kait's Plate
Here's another take on the recipe: Go see The Food Librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment