Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lemon Pie with Grandma

Baked on Saturday, 4/17/10.

Grandma M. gave us some of her lemons, and she mentioned missing making lemon pie, so my dad suggested we bake together. Needless to say, we did, and it was so much fun. She didn't have her recipe (it ended up being a recipe from a cornstarch box anyway), so I looked to The Daring Bakers since I knew I could see LOTS of bloggers' results from the same recipe and they seemed pretty successful (one failure here). You can find the recipe on a lot of their sites...like this one. We used a little whipped cream (the real heavy whipping cream whipped with sugar) instead of meringue, and since my dad doesn't like really tart lemon pies, we only put a tint bit of lemon zest. I was dumb and used a pie tin that was too small, so the crust ended up too thick, and we had a whole lotta extra filling, but it was still really good and not too tart at all! We used Joy the Baker's "easy no-roll pie crust" recipe. It is really easy. And good.


Raw:
Baked:I always get nervous when yolks can curdle.

No comments:

Post a Comment